The Sage 50 Connection Manager helps in managing requests from Sage 50 Accounting and outside the applications to connect to the data of your business. The control of MySQL database access is largely handled by the Sage 50 connection manager. Sage is a real-time application that uses a connection manager to update the real-time updates. With this functionality, there is no need to manually save the modifications. The connection manager manages all requests for connections between corporate data and third-party applications or accounting software.
Every machine where ever you installed Sage 50 or where you need to open a corporate database, that system must have the Sage 50 Connection Manager installed on it. In a Windows operating system environment, the connection manager must be installed. NAS drives, Mac OS, and Linux systems are incompatible with it. Every request to link corporate data with accounting software is handled by the connection manager. It is necessary to install connection manager on each system or server where you save company data. A secondary user can access the database and make real-time changes to the location of a data file by using a multi-user environment with premium and Quantum.
Checking the status of the connection management service allows you to determine whether it is active on your system or not. Regarding connection manager’s registration as a Windows service, the system service provides information to you. Sage 50 Connection Manager receives information about total connections from this field. The system’s open company files and port numbers aid to identify the port number.
How to Download Sage 50 Connection Manager
Use a reliable website to download Sage Connection Manager. You will be asked to save the file once it has finished downloading. Save the document where you want in your system. Sage’s functioning is made more efficient by using the connection manager’s advantages to manage the connection. However, when you install Sage 50, it is automatically installed. If you encounter a Sage accounting connection manager not operating error, you can manually download the most recent update by following the on screen steps.
Installation Process for Sage 50 Connection Manager
For installing the Sage Connection Manager on the server make the same version installed on that server and workstation which both have. The steps to installing Sage Connection Manager on the Server are as follows:
- First step is to log in to the server location by using valid ID and Password.
- Search for the download page and then download the Sage 50 version from there, and then run the file.
- Select OK once you are done with selecting the language.
- Installation of a few necessary programs is required before running the Canadian edition of Sage 50.
- Hit click on the Install button.
- Verify that the system firewall is turned on. If it is then the dialogue box will appear on your screen asking if you want Windows Firewall to be automatically set up to work with Sage 50.
- Select the Advanced option if no one uses the software on the server and it merely stores the data files.
- Click the Next button to continue.
- In order to access the Sage 50 components, select the Server-only option from the list of options.
- Select Finish from the menu.
Sage 50 Canada Connection Manager
The Connection Manager is pre-installed with the Sage 50 Canada edition. Workstations and Installation on the Server and Workstation are the two ways to install the Sage 50. There are choices to choose whether a system will be a workstation or a server while installing Sage 50. It refers to a workstation that comes with the full accounting suite and the Sage 50 connection manager. Only the connection management component will be installed in Advanced when it displays Server.
Downloading of Update in Sage 50 Connection Manager
The Sage Connection Manager could not start the database engine without downloading the latest updates. To download updates that have previously been installed on another system, follow these steps:
- First you have to search for the system where the update was installed.
- Select the start menu from the Windows in your Computer.
- Find simply accounting in C:\Users\PublicDocuments\Sage software\Download.
- Search for the most recent update which can be installed right now.
- The file should be copied to the server.
- Run the file on the server.
- The Sage 50 connection Manager updated file is ready to start now.
Downloading of Update without USB drive
- Search for the support.na.sage.com.
- Enter Sage 50 Canadian edition in the search box.
- Click the Download now button once you are done with selecting the necessary version upgrade.
- Hit the save button.
- Once the download is complete, click Run to begin the installation of the update.
Downloading of Update without Update Button
To access the corporate data files, several products require upgrades and installation. The Server update option is not available in Versions 2016.3 and beyond. To complete the update procedure, you must follow the guidelines below:
- Locate the Start button.
- Choose all Programs from the start menu of your system.
- Click on the Sage folder.
- Sage 50 Connection Manager once you select Sage 50.
Example Sage 50 Connection Manager Errors occur
The types of errors which are display on your computer screen are:
- Sage 50 Connection Manager isn’t active on this machine where you keep your data.
- Having trouble in starting the database engine as connection manager is not working.
- The PC where you save your data has the Sage Simply Accounting Connection Manager installed on it, but it isn’t active currently.
Causes for the Sage 50 Connection Manager
There are a number of causes for the error to show up on your computer screen, they are explained below:
- The machine hosting the firm data does not host the Sage 50 Connection Manager Service.
- If the data is local, Connection management settings would not be active.
- If the data isn’t local but is located on a server.
- The connection manager also runs on the server and is not locally installed.
- If an upgrade is being made to the machine but bugs occur in the data then you have to visit Sage 50 Update for assistance in this type of case.
- The most recent version of Windows is not installed.
- The file sharing and security settings may be compromised if the data is either stored in local folders, such as My Folder.
- Even though it had been shows that program installation was complete, it was not.
- After upgrading to Windows 10, the service has either been disabled or is unable to restart on its own.
Troubleshooting of Error in Sage 50 Connection Manager
Here are the instructions for resolving the Sage 50 Connection Manager problem.
Troubleshooting 1: Start the Connection Manager Service by using the Control Panel
- Click on Windows Control Panel.
- On the upper right corner there is a icon of open window, Select View by from there and then choose either a Large Icons or Small Icons as per your need.
- Now you have to decide for an administrative tool.
- Next, Select Services.
- Search for the Startup Type column and check whether it has been disabled or not, Is the option is automatic or Automatic (Delayed Start), you have to check these two option by clicking on Sage 50 Connection Manager.
- In case if that it is disabled then Right-click on Sage 50 Database Connection Manager and select Properties from the drop down menu of it.
- Turn automatic or automatic (Delayed Start) for Startup Type under the General tab.
- To make the service live, click on apply and then Start.
- The database will open now.
- Sage 50 needs to be closed if it’s running.
- Navigate to the Task Manager and select the Processes tab.
- Select show processes from all users from the menu.
- Shut off all processes connected to Sage 50.
- The Sage 50 Database Connection Manager can be found in the Services pane. Right-click on it and choose Start.
- The service’s status will be displayed started.
- Once more, Attempt to open your Sage 50 file.
Troubleshooting 2: A Data File Located in My Documents
- Make a new folder by going to the root of the C: drive.
- The data file .SAI file and .SAJ folder for every company should now be copied and pasted into this new folder.
- Get the new folder set to a new shared network if the file is being utilized by several people across the workstations.
- From the new folder, Launch the data file.
Troubleshooting for the Computer Where the Data is Located, Does not Running Sage 50 Connection Manager Service
There are three ways to resolve the error which notice that Sage 50 Connection Manager Service is not operating on the computer where data is located. These are the three techniques.
Troubleshooting 1: Open Windows Services and Start the Connection Manager Service.
- The user must first access their workstation Control Panel in order to proceed.
- The user must select either the Large Icons or the Small Icons on the top right corner of the open window by going to the section labeled View by in the View by section.
- The user must now select the option labeled as Administrative Tools before selecting the option labeled Services.
- To check whether the Startup Type column has been deactivated or has been set to either Automatic or Automatic (Delayed Start), the user must see for the Sage 50 Connection Manager and click on it.
- If the connection manager is not be enabled,
- The user must visit to the Sage 50 Database Connection Manager and then right-click on it.
- Once the user makes a right-click, a menu will appear. Choose “Properties” from there.
- The user must change the Startup Type to either Automatic or Automatic (Delayed Start) in the General section of the Properties menu item.
- The user must now click the Apply button to put the changes into effect.
- If Sage 50 is still open then the user should try to open the database after closing Sage 50.
- The user must also open the task manager on their computer and select the Show Processes from All Users option among other things.
- To stop all Sage 50-related processes, the user must search for them.
- The user now needs to select the Services tab.
- One must locate the Sage 50 Database Connection Manager and then right-click on it and choose the Start. The service will now display the status Started.
- To check if it is still working, the user must now reopen both the Sage 50 application and their company file.
Troubleshooting 2: C:Program File Existence Verification
- On your workstation the user must first navigate to the C: drive File Explorer program.
- If a file named Program is present but has no extension then the file size is likely to be quite small. If so, the user will need to give the file an alternative name and set it to Program1 in order to proceed further.
- The Sage 50 Connection Manager Service must then be restarted by the user.
Troubleshooting 3: Activate the Sage 50 Connection Manager by clicking on the associated icon in the system tray.
- The Sage 50 Connection Manager application is located in the System Tray, right next to the wifi sign at the bottom. To launch it, the user must first double-click on it.
- The user may also access the Simply.SystemTrayIcon.exe file by using the alternate data path which is described below:
Program Files (x86)winsimConnectionManager
- The file must be double-clicked on once the user has found it and browsed to the data path which is given above. The user will be able to see the following when the file is opened:
- The user must choose the Start Service option if Running: No is displayed.
- In the event that the user sees Running: Yes they must first choose Stop Service before choosing Start Service.
Troubleshooting for the Connection Manager Issues in Sage 50 Canada
The Sage 50 Canada Connection Manager issue can be resolved by using any of two techniques. The Control Panel can be used to launch the connection management service as the first option.
Troubleshooting 1: Steps to Resolve the Issue by Using Control Panel
- The user must first access their workstation Control Panel in order to proceed.
- The user must navigated to the top right corner of the open window in order to view the segment and select either the Large Icons or the Small Icons in, Which you want to use.
- The user must now select the option which is labeled as Administrative Tools before selecting the option which is labeled as Services.
- To check whether the Startup Type column has been deactivated or has been set to either Automatic or Automatic (Delayed Start), one must seek for the Sage 50 Connection Manager and click on it.
- If the connection manager is deactivated then the user must locate the Sage 50 Database Connection Manager by right clicking on it when you find it, and then choose Properties from the menu that appears once you hit the right-click.
- The user must change the Startup Type to either Automatic or Automatic (Delayed Start) in the General section of the Properties menu.
- The user must now click on the Apply button to put the changes into effect.
- If Sage 50 is still open then the next step is to close it before attempting to open the database.
- The user must open the task manager on their computer and select the Show Processes from All Users option, among other things.
- The user must search for any Sage 50-related processes.
- The user now needs to select the Services tab.
- One must locate the Sage 50 Database Connection Manager and hit the right-click on it and then choose Start. The service will now have the status Started.
- To check if it is still functioning, the user must now reopen both the Sage 50 application and their company file.
Troubleshooting 2: Steps to Resolve the Issue by Checking of Data File
The second approach is seeing if the data file is in my docs or not. Here are the actions customers can take to resolve the Sage 50 Canada Connection Manager issue by determining whether the data file is present in their documents or not.
- First, the user must utilize their workstation navigational tools to find the root of the C: disc and then create a new folder there.
- The user must paste all of the company data files into the folder which they made in the previous step.
- The user must set up the new folder on a new shared network for the shared access if the file is being used by several users on a different workstation.
- The user might attempt launching the file from the new folder.
Steps to Resolve Sage 50 Cannot Find the Connection Manager Issue
If your Sage 50 software is unable to find the connection manager, there are a few things you can try in order to resolve the issue.
- There is a local data file.
- Sage 50 can’t find Sage 50 Connection Manager, error message. The data cannot be opened.
- The status of Sage 50 Connection Manager is: Running
- Sage 50 cannot find the Connection Manager error, despite the fact that it is active.
Method 1: When the service is not actually running, the status incorrectly indicates that it is
- You have to click Start, Programs, Sage, Sage 50 Accounting [Latest Year] [Version]
- Click Sage 50 Connection Manager
- Click Start Service
- Click Stop Service
Method 2: Run as Administrator
- You have to click Start, Programs, Sage, and Sage 50 Accounting.
- Then you have to right-click Sage 50 Connection Manager.
- After that, you have to click Run as administrator.
- Check whether the Status is Running or not.
- Click Start Service if not running.
- You can try and open the company file.
- If it does, it means that Sage 50 Connection Manager requires higher rights in order to work properly:
- Activate the administrator mode for the Sage 50 Connection Manager service.
- Restart the computer to test.
Method 3: Open Data using IP Address
Using the IP address try to open the data on the server. For example, when opening the company, you have to enter \\192.168.1.110\acct\Universal. SAI
Method 4: Update/Reinstall the Software
- Turn off your firewall and antivirus software temporarily.
- Access the Programs and Features section of the Control Panel.
- Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs in Windows XP
- Change can be selected by right-clicking the faulty Sage 50 software (or Modify)
- Click Next after selecting the second option to update/reinstall the software.
- Restart Sage 50.
- Reactive security protection. (Anti-Virus, Firewall)
Method 5: Reinstall the MYSQL ODBC
- Remove the MySQL ODBC driver (most likely V3.51.28)
- Install MySQL ODBC following the instructions in Related Resources.
Sage 50 Connection Manager Could Not Start the Database Engine
- The SAJ folder is empty or has the read-only attribute.
- False positive detection by the antivirus
- The Connection Manager is being prevented by the firewall.
- Disabled Windows Event Log Service
- A.NET framework problem
- The server does not have the Connection Manager installed or running.
- The shared data location on the server has a permissions problem.
- The issue with data corruption
- In OneDrive, DropBox, or Google Drive, you can find the SAI and SAJ.
Resolution Steps to Resolve the Sage 50 Connection Manager Could Not Start the Database Engine
We’ll also talk about why this issue might arise in the first place, as well as any steps that can be taken to prevent it from occurring again. Let’s dive in!
Option I: Restart the Sage 50 Connection Manager
- First, you have to select Control Panel, and Administrative Tools, then click on Services.
- Then you have to right-click Sage 50 Database Connection Manager and then select Stop.
- Again you have to right-click Sage 50 Database Connection Manager and then you have to select Start.
- If you get the message displayed on the screen that The Connection Manager could not be stopped. You need administrative rights.
- Then try to open the company file.
Option II: Reinstall the program
- Uninstall Sage 50
- You have to right-click on the Windows Start, Apps, and Features
- Then you have to find the Sage 50 version that you are trying to repair and then click Uninstall.
- To complete the uninstall you have to follow the wizard.
- Reinstall Sage 50
- Check that your company file will open.
Option III: Move the files out of a cloud-synchronized folder
- To identify whether your data is stored in a cloud folder.
- If the files are in a cloud-synchronized folder, move them to a different, non-synchronized folder.
- The C: Drive is the best location for your data folders.
Option IV: Verify that mysqld.exe and mysqld-nt.exe exist
- Verify that the mysqld-nt.exe file is present in the following location: C:\Program Files (x86)winsim\onnectionManager\MySqlBinary\5.0.38\ mysql
- Check that the file mysqld.exe is present in the following location: C:\Program Files (x86)\winsim\ConnectionManager\MySqlBinary\5.6.10.\mysql
- If they don’t exist, your firewall or antivirus program may have quarantined the executable file or it may have been manually deleted.
- Please get in touch with the security software supplier if the file was quarantined to learn how to restore or whitelist this executable.
- Repair Sage 50, if the file was removed manually.
Option V: Reinstall the Connection Manager
- Right-click the Command Prompt and then from WIndows Start you have to select Run as Administrator choose
- Then you have to type: sc delete Sage 50 Database Connection Manager
- If you encounter the error “[SC] OpenService FAILED 1060:” on the command line, type “sc query type= service state= all” and then retype “sc remove “Sage 50 Database Connection Manager.”
- When you press F5 to refresh your Services list, you will notice that the service is no longer available.
- Open task manager (CTRL+SHIFT+ESC) after confirming the service has been deleted. Click or check the process tab. Show all users’ processes
- Simply.SystemTrayIcon.exe should be stopped.
- Go to the relevant winsim folder:
- 32-bit computers go to C:\Program Files\winsim
- 64-bit computers go to: C:\Program Files (x86)\winsim
- The Connection Manager folder should be deleted.
- Repair the Sage 50 installation
Option VI: Start the Windows Event Log service
- Select Services under Control Panel, Administrative Tools.
- Selecting Windows Event Double-click the services list to bring up the Properties pane after logging in.
- Make the Startup Type Automatic if the service is disabled.
- The Start button will become available after you choose to Apply.
- If a service is available or automatic: To start the service you have to select the Start button and then click OK.
- Open Sage 50 once the service has started.
- If a service is not beginning or an error 1053 is present: then click Add the local administrator under the Log On tab.
- Verify that the service has been started.
- Open the company file if you can.
- Open Command Prompt as administrator if you encounter error 4201, the example name given was not recognized as valid by a WMI data provider.
- Enter the command cd C:\Windows\System\32LogFiles\WMI.
- Rename RtBackup to RtBackup2 by typing. Go to the next step if you receive an access denied error message; otherwise, you can proceed.
- The Command Prompt option can be found under Start. Run as Administrator is the right-click menu option. If an administrator password or confirmation is requested, type it in or give the requested information.
- Then you can type the following commands and then press Enter to execute them one by one (Remember to take care of the gap between the command and its parameter.)
- takeown /f C:\windows\system32\logfiles\wmi\rtbackup cacls C:\windows\system32\logfiles\wmi\rtbackup /G administrators:F
- Then you have to exit the command prompt and then reboot the computer.
- Please contact your local IT person to fix this issue in case the event log is still not starting.
Option VII: Open Existing Company
- Click Select an existing business if the recently used company has a UNC path, such as \\server\company name.
- Open Windows Explorer and browse to the business (for example, C:\Sage 50 Data\).
Option VIII: Verify if the SAJ folder has a read-only attribute
- First, you have to close Sage 50.
- Then you have to go to the location where the company file is stored.
- With the extension SAJ you have to right right-click the folder and then select Properties.
- If a checkmark is there you have to clear the Read-Only box and then you have to select OK.
- Lastly, restart Sage 50 Accounting and then again try to open the company file.
Option IX: Verify all files and folders are visible in the .SAJ folder
- Begin by going to the location where the company file is stored.
- Then you have to right-click the SAJ folder and then select Properties.
- If one is there you have to clear the Hidden box checkmark.
- Then select Apply and then after selecting apply you have to select OK.
- After that, open the SAJ folder.
- Lastly, verify that all files are folders are located within the .SAJ folder.
Option X: Replace the ODBC 3.51.28 with 3.51.19
- Put the data on the C: Drive that has to be opened or converted.
Option XI: Only 1 workstation is having a problem
- Map a network drive to the data
- Verify that you are able to open the company
Option XII: Save the data files in another folder on the server
- In a different folder on the server make a copy of the .SAI file and the .SAJ folder
- Check that you can open the company
Option XIII: My data is on Remote Data Access
- Re-download a copy of the company file from Remote Data Access that is causing the error.
- Click Save after selecting the file name that you want and the location.
- When prompted whether you want to replace the existing file with one without the error, choose the same name and location where the original file was saved, and then click Yes.
- The company file should open properly after it has finished downloading and syncing.
Option XIV: Restore from backup
- Find a backup .CAB file
- Restore the backup
We hope that the information provided above will be useful for you with the working of Sage 50 Connection Manager, But if you encounter any problems with the working of Sage 50 Connection Manager. So, for that you can contact our experienced staff, who will assist you in addressing the problem.
Consult Sage 50 Accounting Experts
Get help in resolving your software issues, auditing your company files, automating payroll, filing taxes online, and much more. Our Sage 50 accounting experts are here to help you with everything related to bookkeeping, accounting, payroll, and tax filing. We’re available round the clock, so get in touch whenever you need help.
Frequently Asked Questions
What do you mean by Sage 50 Connection Manager?
The Sage 50 Accounting Connection Manager manages the requests for the connections to your company’s data from Sage 50 Accounting and other applications. The PC or server where your company’s data is stored must have the Connection Manager installed on it.
How can we do Firewall Setting for Sage 50 Connection?
To ensure a seamless installation of Connection Manager in Sage 50, you must configure the Firewall settings and advanced database settings on your workstation. To ensure flawless operation of Sage Connection Manager, it is crucial to let all operations from Sage 50 via a firewall.
How can we do Advance Database Setting for Connection Manager?
The system memory is allotted for caching business data and it is indicated by the Sage 50 connection manager memory buffer size. It is employed to look up outcomes, fill out reports, and keep track of lists in the accounting program. It is advised not to go above the system’s 60% physical RAM limit and to boost the buffer size to 10MB. If the application won’t launch after you increase the buffer size, you can click the Default option to return the buffer to its original size. Additionally, you can manually modify the ConnectionManager.ini file’s Buffer pool size parameters.
How can You Open Sage Connection Manager?
• First you have to click the Start button in your system.
• Type services into the search field under the program and files and then press Enter.
• Now click Services under Windows, select the Start button and then Control Panel, select Administrative Tools from the drop down menu of control panel.
• Double click on the Sage 50 Database Connection Manager.
• Select automatic option for the type of Startup.
• Click OK.
• Now you can find Start Service in the connection manager window.
What are the Uses of Connection Manager?
Connection managers are used by log providers that write logs to a server, SQL Server table, or file, as well as by data flow components which extract and load the data from many types of data stores.
James employs his knowledge of business and accounting to help budding entrepreneurs and small business owners with bookkeeping and accounting. He has several years of experience as a business writer and has been published in renounced publications.