In today’s article, we will talk about an easy and seamless process for Sage 50 to QuickBooks conversion and highlight everything it is required. We will discuss everything you need to learn about the conversion of Sage 50 to QuickBooks with the assistance of the QuickBooks Conversion Tool.
However, before beginning with the conversion process of Sage 50 to QuickBooks, there are certain points one must remember.
Important Points to Remember Before the Conversion from Sage 50 to QuickBooks
Here are the crucial points to remember during the conversion from Sage 50 to QuickBooks.
- In case it is not done yet, install QuickBooks accounting software in the system where Sage 50 is installed.
- If your data file is saved or kept on the server, you will need to convert it on the server yourself.
- Ensure that your QuickBooks Desktop and Sage 50 are saved on your particular local hard drive if you are hosting a specific file on a network or server, the QuickBooks conversion tool may witness an error.
- You must take a backup of your Sage 50 before initiating the steps to convert Sage 50 to QuickBooks.
How to Convert Sage 50 Files to QuickBooks?
Here are the steps to convert the Sage 50 file to QuickBooks.
Step 1: Setup the Sage 50
- Open the Sage 50 application.
- Now open the particular data file that is required to be converted.
- Navigate to the Main menu.
- Press on the Maintain tab.
- Navigate to the Users section.
- Press on Setup Security.
- Press on the tab for Data Access/Crystal Reports.
- Select the option that is named With the following login data.
- Press the tab for Change.
- Choose the right password for the transfer.
- After it is done, Press OK.
- Now close the particular Sage 50 application.
Step 2: Download the QuickBooks Conversion Tool and Set up the tool
- First, you need to Download the QuickBooks Conversion Tool.
- Find and open the folder where the downloaded file is saved.
- Press right-click on the particular icon for QuickBooks Conversion Tool.
- Press on Properties.
- Now shift to Compatibility mode.
- Put a checkmark on the box for the option, Run this program in compatibility for.
- Choose Windows 8 from the provided dropdown, even when you have a higher version of Windows installed.
- Press OK to move ahead.
- Press right-click on the QuickBooksConversionToolSetup.exe file.
- Select Run as Administrator.
Step 3: Change your Data
- Open the particular Conversion tool.
- Press on the tab for Browse.
- Find and select the particular Sage 50 company file to change.
- A window for the Pervasive 34-bit ODBC engine DSN setup screen will appear.
- From the dropdown box for Database Name, select your Sage 50 Company file. If you have several files to convert, browse to find your particular company name.
- Press OK.
- Enter the Sage 50 password that you have devised.
- Press Next and continue.
- Mention the version and edition of QuickBooks Desktop to the place you are changing your Sage data
- Choose Browse.
- Choose the particular folder where you wish to save the converted data.
- Choose Next. If you do not mention any folder, the data will automatically be saved to the folder for My Documents by default.
- Review the data you just added and if everything is perfect, press on the tab for Convert File to begin the conversion
- The QuickBooks software will begin.
- A request for access to the company file will be made by the QuickBooks application certificate screen.
- Choose Yes to begin.
- Press on Prompt Each Time.
- Press Continue.
- Now, the conversion tool will begin. After the process completes, a notification will be sent that the conversion is done without any issues.
- After it is complete, a notification will come up saying Open in QuickBooks.
- After some time, the file appears in QuickBooks. You can open them.
Step 4: Analyze the Conversion
Once the QuickBooks Tool is completed, press on the option, Open in QuickBooks. Now you need to analyze how correct is your data in QuickBooks. After that, analyze the transfer log as provided below:
- Open the Windows Start menu.
- Now open the particular Windows File Explorer.
- Go to the particular location C:\USERS\(The name of your Windows)\ My Documents\ Intuit\QuickBooks.
- In this particular folder, open and then analyze the failed transaction log file. Here you will learn whether all the Sage data has been moved or not.
We hope that after going through this article, you will be able to learn with ease about Sage 50 to QuickBooks conversion. Just make sure the steps are not skipped under any situation. If you still need help, you can get in touch with our team of experts. Our team of professionals know what they are doing and significant it is in business productivity.
Consult Sage 50 Accounting Experts
Get help in resolving your software issues, auditing your company files, automating payroll, filing taxes online, and much more. Our Sage 50 accounting experts are here to help you with everything related to bookkeeping, accounting, payroll, and tax filing. We’re available round the clock, so get in touch whenever you need help.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
What Sage files are allowed to convert to QuickBooks?
Here are the types of Sage files that are allowed to shift to the QuickBooks:
Item, Account, employee, Customer lists, Vendor, etc.
1. Vendor and customer transactions
2. Account balance detail for Payroll General Ledger
3. Account balances
4. Contact details and employee profile
Is it possible to convert all types of Sage files to QuickBooks?
No. It is not possible to convert all types of Sage files to QuickBooks. Such files include.
1. Fixed assets
2. Payroll transactions
3. Work tickets
4. Individual employee deduction or wage detail
5. Employee Year-to-date details
6. Payroll items determining which paychecks are calculated
7. Partially or completely closed Purchase Orders, Estimates, Sales Orders
What are the System Requirements for Sage 50 to QuickBooks conversion?
Here are the specific system requirements that must be met for Sage 50 to QuickBooks conversion.
1. Operating system – Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10
2. Space requirements- 2.5 GB free space
3. QuickBooks Desktop- Premier, Pro, or QuickBooks Enterprise 2018 or higher
4. Processor- 500 MHz Intel Premium II and above that
5. RAM – 512 MB and above
6. Microsoft .NET Framework – Version 2.0
7. Sage 50 versions- Sage 50 Quantum version 2015 or Sage 50 and higher
Sage 50 to QuickBooks Conversion (Video Tutorial)
Luke uses his passion for accounting and software to provide tips and tricks related to bookkeeping, accounting, payroll and finance in general. Apart from accounting, he loves to watch TV shows including Friends, Stranger Things, etc.